RadioRANGER® Wireless Fault Indication System
Sales and Ordering Information
Please contact Customer Service at
SEL Lake Zurich, Illinois at +1.847.362.8304
or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org
Winner of UTC 2007 Best Wireless Equipment award. The RadioRANGER solution reduces the need to access vaults to retrieve FCI status, reducing fault-locating time and improving utility personnel safety.
SEL fault indicators equipped with magnetic RadioRANGER Interface Probes communicate their status to an SEL-8300 Wireless Interface. Utility personnel can quickly and safely retrieve subsurface FCI status, at street level, through wireless communication between the SEL-8300 Wireless Interface and the hand-held SEL-8310 Remote Fault Reader. Two-way communications link prevents ambiguity by transmitting both faulted (tripped) and normal (reset) status information.
IP68-rated SEL-8300 Wireless Interface and waterproof interconnection system (rated to 15 feet submersion) ensure environmental integrity for vault applications. Connect up to 12 SEL fault indicators equipped with magnetic RadioRANGER Interface Probes to the SEL-8300 Wireless Interface. The rugged SEL-8310 Remote Fault Reader provides its ID as well as phase and way of the fault path. Maximize application efficiency using the modular and scalable system in a variety of vault configurations.
- Simple, street-level fault indicator status retrieval eliminates the need for fault-finding crews to remove utility access covers and enter vaults.
- Multiple IDs allow the crew to easily identify the vault, way, and phase on which the fault occurred.
- IP68-rated Wireless Interface and waterproof interconnection system (rated to 15 feet submersion) ensure environmental integrity required for vault applications.
- Remote Fault Reader displays Wireless Interface system health and fault indicator status.
- Two-way communications link prevents ambiguity by transmitting both tripped and reset fault indicator information. Users can retrieve Wireless Interface and fault indicator status at any time.
Let the RadioRANGER Wireless Fault Indication System point you to the underground fault location.
- Minimize fault-finding time and troubleshooting crew size. No need to open, enter, pump, or drain multiple vaults while blocking traffic.
- Improve line crew safety. Avoid leaving the truck and entering vaults in busy streets.
- Benefit from the proven reliability and quality record of SEL fault indicators.
- Choose from multiple SEL fault indicator types to match your applications and system requirements.
- Display fault-path information on the handheld Remote Fault Reader.
- Maximize application efficiency using the modular and scalable system in a variety of vault configurations.
- Choose the PILC Fault Indicator for hard-to-troubleshoot, paper-insulated lead cables.