SEL-2885 EIA-232 to EIA-485 Transceiver
Create a "Distributed Port Switch" to communicate directly with relays and other substation or plant devices.
- AddressableSet the address either with a terminal program or by saving a short settings string in the ID field of a microprocessor-based relay.
- Port PoweredUses power pins in the host device EIA-232 port.
- Improved SafetyIsolation to 1500 VRms.
- CompactPlugs directly onto DB-9 connector.
- Substation Quality-40° to +85°C (-40° to +185°F).
- Use the SEL-2885 to create a "Distributed Port Switch" enabling direct communication with relays and other substation or plant devices.
- Consider the SEL-2886 EIA-232 to EIA-485 Interface Converter for applications that do not require the built-in LMD distributed port switch capability.
- To extend EIA-485 networks via fiber-optic segments, consider the SEL-2820 EIA-485 Fiber-Optic V-Pin Transceiver.
- Or, achieve both EIA-232/EIA-485 conversion and extension with an SEL-2800 Fiber-Optic Transceiver to convert from an EIA-232 to a fiber-optic link, and an SEL-2820 to convert from a fiber-optic to an EIA-485 link.
SEL adapter cable for SEL-100 series relays.