SEL-547 Distributed Generator Interconnection Relay
Apply the flexible SEL-547 at the transfer switch site (interconnection point between the utility and the customer) and at each individual generator site. When the SEL-547 at the transfer switch site detects utility supply problems, it separates the customer system from the utility supply. When the SEL-547 at an individual generator site detects a system problem that could adversely affect the generator, it separates the individual generator from the rest of the system. The SEL-547 product flyer figures show examples of the SEL-547 "in action" at the transfer switch site and at an individual generator site. Other applications and scenarios are possible.
Protection and Control Elements (ANSI Device Number)
- Four undervoltage elements (device 27)
- Four overvoltage elements (device 59)
- Four over-/underfrequency elements (device 81)
- Directional power element (device 32)
- Synchronism check element (device 25)
Trip for System Problems - Supervise System Restoration
- Over-/undervoltage or over-/ underfrequency elements trip for local system "islanding" or system-wide voltage/frequency disturbance.
- Directional power element trips for power export violations or generator "motoring."
- Synchronism check element detects healthy voltage/frequency/angle and supervises breaker/switch closing.
- Modbus® Communications Interface
Modbus communications protocol interfaces the SEL-547 to outside communications networks
- Serial Interaction and Integration
Includes ASCII commands for human-machine interaction. For integration with Communications Processors or other systems, supports SEL Compressed ASCII, SEL Fast Operate and SEL Fast Meter Commands. SEL-LMD Virtual Port Switch Protocol allows multidrop engineering access.
- High Reliability and Rugged Design
The SEL-547 withstands vibration, electrical surges, fast transients, and extreme temperatures, meeting stringent industry standards. The printed circuit boards are conformal coated to provide an additional barrier to airborne contaminants such as hydrogen sulfide, chlorine, salt, and moisture.
- Distributed Generation and Utility Interconnection Protection - separates the customer's system from the utility supply when the SEL-547 Relay detects utility supply problems.
- System Disturbance Detection and System Restoration - over/undervoltage or over/underfrequency elements detect local system problems and trip the transfer switch separating the utility supply from the load.
- Reverse Power Flow Detection - the directional power element in the SEL-547 detects reverse power flow to trip the transfer switch and separate the utility supply from the load and generator.
- Generator Motoring Detection - The directional power element in the SEL-547 detects potentially harmful reverse power flow and trips the switch/breaker, breaking parallel operation.
Carry an SEL-2924 Portable BLUETOOTH® Serial Adapter in your toolbox to connect to an EIA-232 port on a relay, controller, or other device. Use the built-in BLUETOOTH wireless capability of a laptop, smartphone, or other device to communicate over 10 meters (32 feet) via a secure wireless link.
The BLUETOOTH® word mark and logos are registered trademarks owned by Bluetooth SIG, Inc., and any use of such marks by SEL is under license.
Install the SEL RxTx BLUETOOTH® Application on an Android™ or BlackBerry® mobile device to communicate with an SEL-2924 or SEL-2925 BLUETOOTH Serial Adapter.
Add a 6-foot or 15-foot SEL-C662 EIA-232 serial port cable to a PC USB Standard-A port to communicate with SEL relays and other devices with EIA-232 serial ports.
Access drawings via the Online Product Configuration link in the Ordering Information box at the top right of this page (below the product photo).
From the Product Configuration page, configure your product or enter your part number via the Universal Part Number Reverse Lookup. Then download custom .dwg or .pdf files specific to your product.
You may also go directly to the Product Configuration page to make a product selection.