SEL-2431 Voltage Regulator Control
The SEL-2431 Voltage Regulator Control is compatible with most 32-step, single-phase voltage regulators manufactured in North America. Use various hinge and wiring kits to easily upgrade existing controls without removing the regulator from service. Quickly integrate the SEL-2431 into Ethernet or serial communications networks using fiber or copper options.
- Built-In Reliability, Ten-Year Warranty
Reduce maintenance and repair costs with the industry’s only voltage regulator control with a worldwide, ten-year, no-questions-asked warranty.
- Ethernet Communications
Quickly integrate the SEL-2431 into Ethernet or serial communications networks with DNP3, SEL, and synchrophasor protocols. The SEL-2431 comes standard with a copper or fiber serial communications card of your choice in Port 1. Populate Port 2 with another serial communications card or with a dual Ethernet communications card. Ethernet port options include copper and/or fiber.
- USB Flash Drive Interface
Retrieve event reports, load profile, tap history, and other system parameters with a USB flash drive. Stay connected to your system without a network for troubleshooting analysis and planning. The USB feature includes a secure authentication key, which is required for front panel Level 2 access, reducing the risk of access by unauthorized personnel.
- IEEE C37.118 Synchrophasors
Easily monitor your network with built-in IEEE C37.118 synchrophasors.
- Advanced Tap-Position Tracking
Know your tap position with the industry’s only voltage regulator control that monitors and records motor current, and lets you quickly review and analyze tap-change waveform reports for accurate operation.
- Plug-In Voltage Regulator Compatibility
Use simple hinge and wiring kits to mount the SEL-2431 Voltage Regulator Control directly into existing control cabinets for Cooper/McGraw-Edison, GE, Howard, and Siemens/Allis Chalmers 32-step, single-phase voltage regulators.
- Easy Application Settings
Quickly commission new controls with a minimal number of simple, application-specific settings.
Rely on the industry’s widest ambient temperature operating range,
–40° to +85°C (–40° to +185°F).
- Large Display and Operator Controls
Use the large front-panel display and programmable operator control interface pushbuttons for easy control.
Supports the following modes of operation:
- Locked forward
- Locked reverse
- Idle reverse
- Connect SEL-2431 controls in a daisy-chain configuration with the dual Ethernet card, which provides the functionality of an unmanaged Ethernet switch. No local Ethernet switch is required.
- Retrieve event reports, load profile, tap history, and other system parameters with a USB flash drive. Event reports and load profile capture data about the events on your system while tap history, motor current oscillography, and Sequential Events Recorder contain valuable data about the state of your voltage regulator.
- Identify connected phase of downstream voltage regulators by coordinating with synchrophasor measurements in the substation. Access system values for wide-area monitoring and control using synchrophasors, available at up to 60 messages per second.
- Personalize LCD messages using event-driven display point settings.
- Create an integrated control system with a variety of I/O and communications options.
- Analyze system performance using built-in Sequential Events Recorder (SER) and waveform event reports.
- Use acSELerator QuickSet® SEL-5030 or SEL-5010 Relay Assistant Software to manage your voltage regulator control settings.
- Raise/lower toggle switch.
One additional communications port. Choose from:
- Fiber-optic, 200 µm, multimode, V-pin connector
- Fiber-optic, 62.5 µm, multimode, ST® connector
- Dual fiber Ethernet (100BASE-FX multimode)
- Dual copper Ethernet (10/100BASE-T)
- One copper Ethernet (10/100BASE-T) and one fiber Ethernet (100BASE-FX multimode)
- Dual fiber Ethernet (100BASE-LX10 singlemode)
- One copper Ethernet (10/100BASE-T) and one fiber Ethernet (100/BASE-LX10 singlemode)
- Type A USB flash drive interface
- With optional communications ports, choose from SEL ASCII, SEL Compressed ASCII, Fast Meter and Fast Operate, and DNP3 Level 2 Outstation protocols.
- Conformal-coated circuit board.
- Retrofit replacement kits. Replace existing voltage regulator controls with the SEL-2431 direct replacement mounting and wiring kits. These kits provide all the parts needed to easily replace existing controls with the SEL-2431.
Retrofit Replacement Kits
Siemens/Allis-Chalmers: 10-position polarized disconnect switch (PDS) interface
Howard Industries: 10-position connector terminal strip (CTS) interface
Cooper/McGraw-Edison: 18/10-position fanning strip (traditional interface)
Cooper: 20-position connector (dead-front interface)
GE: fork-terminal connections (traditional interface to cabinet NN terminals)
GE: 24-position connector (power disconnect interface)
SEL provides options to help you efficiently and safely commission and test these relays.
Carry an SEL-2924 Portable BLUETOOTH® Serial Adapter in your toolbox to connect to an EIA-232 port on a relay, controller, or other device. Use the built-in BLUETOOTH wireless capability of a laptop, smartphone, or other device to communicate over 10 meters (32 feet) via a secure wireless link.
The BLUETOOTH® word mark and logos are registered trademarks owned by Bluetooth SIG, Inc., and any use of such marks by SEL is under license.
Install the SEL RxTx BLUETOOTH® Application on an Android™ or BlackBerry® mobile device to communicate with an SEL-2924 or SEL-2925 BLUETOOTH Serial Adapter.
Add a 6-foot or 15-foot SEL-C662 EIA-232 serial port cable to a PC USB Standard-A port to communicate with SEL relays and other devices with EIA-232 serial ports.
Streamline commissioning by using the SEL-4391 Data Courier® to send and retrieve settings, gather event reports, and install enhancements.
Configurable Label Templates and Instructions
Access drawings via the Online Product Configuration link in the Ordering Information box at the top right of this page (below the product photo).
From the Product Configuration page, configure your product or enter your part number via the Universal Part Number Reverse Lookup. Then download custom .dwg or .pdf files specific to your product.
You may also go directly to the Product Configuration page to make a product selection.