Shielded Twisted-Pair Category 5e Ethernet Cables
For copper Ethernet connections, use high-quality, shielded twisted-pair (STP) Category 5e Ethernet cables from SEL.
SEL is certified to the International Standards Organization (ISO) 9001:2008 Quality System Standard. This certification is evidence that our critical design, manufacturing, and business processes meet the exacting requirements of this internationally recognized ISO program.
Key features include:
- Standard CAT 5e shielded Ethernet cables with a PVC jacket for typical indoor 10/100BASE-T Ethernet connections are now available in five jacket colors: gray, red, blue, yellow, and green to assist in cable management.
- Industrial-rated CAT 5e double-shielded Ethernet cables enhance EMI/RFI protection. The jacket provides excellent UV protection, and oil and moisture resistance, and is rated for indoor and outdoor applications.
- New 600 V AWM-rated Ethernet cables are designed for MCC (motor control center) applications. The cables provide enhanced EMI/RFI protection and are CMX-outdoor-rated.
- The metal enclosure of the RJ45 connectors and cable shield provide complete shield coverage.
- SEL designs and wires these cables to TIA/EIA-586-B standards.
- Custom cables are available.
- Fiber-optic Ethernet links with SEL-C808 Multimode 62.5/125 µm Core Fiber-Optic Cables or SEL-C809 Single-Mode Fiber-Optic Cables can be used between cabinets or in electrically noisy environments.
- Use our standard Ethernet cables (SEL-CA605C) for typical 10/100BASE-T Ethernet connections.
- Add the Ethernet crossover cable (SEL-C628) for direct 10/100BASE-T Ethernet links without an intervening switch.
- Apply the industrial-rated Ethernet cable (SEL-CA605R) with enhanced EMI/RFI protection for the SEL ICON™ and SEL-734/SEL-735 Meter Ethernet applications.
- Install the new 600 V AWM-rated Ethernet cable (SEL-CA605M) for MCC (motor control center) applications with the SEL-849 Motor Management Relay.
- Use the SEL-627F Ethernet Cable for EtherCAT® applications with the SEL Axion®. This is an industrial-rated cable with ferrites attached.
- Connect between DS1 Async Submodules on the SEL ICON to each other or to a T1 terminal with the RJ48C cable (SEL-622).
- For compression terminal connections, apply an adapter cable (SEL-C607) terminated with a shielded RJ45 connector on one end and wires on the other end.